Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Daddy Disclosures - We Got Caught

Heather has decided to share blog posting privileges with me and I wanted to share something that happened about four weeks ago.

I guess every dad to be questions what is going to be the first talk they are going to have with their child. I will be completely honest and say that I didn’t believe my first talk would happen so soon. We were right around the 20 week mark which signifies half way there or for Heather the time during the pregnancy that she was supposed to start feeling our baby girl move. Well, other than a questionable flutter there had been no kicks that Heather or I could feel. So, it was time for me to step in and have a little talk. Last night, much like any other night I got in to bed after Heather had fallen asleep. I decided this would be a good opportunity to have a little chat with my little girl without her mom hearing it. Given her current station, this is quite difficult. So I began talking and let me tell you, I talked to her like I have never talked before. No clue what all I told her, but we eventually got around to her needing to start kicking a little harder so that her mom could feel it. I went to bed convinced that she listened well and that Heather would be feeling her kicks in a few days. What I didn’t realize is that I must have been talking louder than I thought. The next morning on the way to work, Heather asked me what all our baby girl and I talked about last night. We had been caught talking about mom. It wasn’t until Heather asked me the next morning about my conversation that I truly realized just how amazing it was that I had talked to my little girl the night before. I am real excited about having a lot more of these talks and pray that God will give me the strength to approach each of them with the love and compassion that he desires of me.

Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment